2011-01-21

Cannon Powershot D10 Underwater Camera

Today I got my very first underwater digital camera! Wahoo!!  We had been discussing buying an underwater case for our video camera, when our friends over at ZeroToCruising.com mentioned that they are using a Canon PowerShot D10 12.1 MP Waterproof Digital Camera with 3x Optical Image Stabilized Zoom and 2.5-inch LCD.  After doing some research, I decided that was a perfect camera for the trip.  We ordered one and it came in today.  Lots of cool features like the ability to set the camera up in auto mode and say, "Don't snap until you recognize 4 faces in the view."  This will allow me to set up the camera, join the girls in the scene, and then this little camera will snap away.  Pretty cool.  The camera is rated to a depth of 33ft (1 atmosphere), which will be plenty for the kinds of diving we will be doing.  It does have a movie mode, and uses an SD card for storage.  I dropped in a 32GB one and now I can deposit thousands of images on it.  The camera is a 12 Megapixel one, so the fidelity of the pictures is impressive.  Many more cool features. I can't wait to use it on the trip!